Dear Patients, Families and Colleagues of Ciccio & Demarest Orthodontics,
The good news that we have been waiting for has finally arrived. On Sunday May 31st, Governor Cuomo announced the approval of the state wide opening of dental offices for routine dental care. We are all looking forward to resuming our “new normal” daily activities. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our full commitment to ensure your health and safety during visits to our office.
Due to the present circumstances we have implemented more stringent protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our staff has been trained on all aspects of personal protective equipment (PPE), in accordance with the most current OSHA, CDC and ADA guidelines. We will continue to actively monitor communications from these agencies to ensure that we will be delivering the best possible care within the latest guidelines.
As you plan for your upcoming office appointment, please note the following steps that we have implemented to ensure a safe visit.
- Our office will contact you the day prior to your appointment to review a number of screening questions (Wellness Screening-https://www.nyorthodocs.com/hub_sites/ciccio-demarest/www/assets/uploads/files/SUPPLEMENTAL%20INFORMED%20CONSENT(1).pdf and https://www.nyorthodocs.com/hub_sites/ciccio-demarest/www/assets/uploads/files/SUPPLEMENTAL%20HEALTH%20HISTORY.pdf
- If you are experiencing influenza-like-illness (e.g. fever with either cough or sore throat, muscle aches, mouth sores) prior to your appointment, please advise us immediately as we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment, neither early nor late. If you arrive late for your appointment you will have to be rescheduled to avoid the risk of violating our required social distancing policy.
- Upon arrival for your appointment we will continue your Wellness Screening, reviewing additional questions and monitoring your temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- All visitors to our office must wear face masks. Patient masks will be removed chairside before procedures.
- When you arrive, we kindly ask you to disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer which will be provided by our office.
- Plexiglas partitions have been placed at the front desk for added protection, and we will be limiting paperwork and other transactions to a minimum.
- We are requesting that patients come to their appointments without additional visitors if at all possible. Should a caregiver be deemed necessary, he or she will also need to complete our Wellness Screening protocol.
- Please brush and floss prior to your appointment. Our brushing station will remain closed for the present. Prior to your procedure we will have you rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash at chairside.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Per usual, the doctor and staff will be wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The entire office will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- We also plan to utilize Tele-dentistry (e.g. Zoom meetings and Facetime) whenever possible for Invisalign check-in progress visits, growth and development evaluations, palate expander checks and initial treatment consults. Our virtual meetings with many of you over the past 10 weeks have been so successful that we will be expanding their use in the future.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have about our advanced office protocols which have been instituted to keep you, your family and our staff safe and healthy.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our practice.
Dr. Ciccio and Dr. Demarest
JOSEPH A. CICCIO, JR., D.D.S.* PETER B. DEMAREST, D.M.D.
SPECIALISTS IN BRACES AND INVISALIGN FOR CHILDREN, TEENS, AND ADULTS
*DIPLOMATE, AMERICAN BOARD OF ORTHODONTICS
ONE PONDFIELD ROAD, SUITE 304. BRONXVILLE, NEW YORK 10708 (914) 337-4700. EMAIL:email@example.com
124 EAST 84TH STREET, SUITE 1A, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10028 (212) 535-0515. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org